Monday last week, my wallet was stolen. Almost all my cards were in it, plus some cash. Surprisingly, the things I miss most are least usable for the thief… Here’s my top 7 from most missed till “meh, not such an issue”:
- My wallet. Yes, I know it’s over five years old. It’s just an old, denim wallet. And I miss it! For over a week, I have been looking for a similar wallet, or a different one that would equally suit my needs and my tastes. So far – no luck. Dear wallet, you’ve probably been thrown into a trash bin. Know that you are missed.
- My garbage disposal card. Yes, where I live, we have a card for that. Yes, this also means I wasn’t able to throw away my trash until it was replaced. And it’s 0ver 20 degrees here. Celsius.
- My museum card. I highly doubt the thief will use it (yes, I’m prejudiced like that), but it’ll cost me 60€ to replace it.
- My travel card, my gas card and my drivers’ license. The only reason I managed to get to work was because my personal travel card was in a bag pocket, so that the two cards wouldn’t cancel each other out on check-in. I would say over two hours of one-way commuting is enough pain in the ass without this…
- All the other cards, including both of my bank cards, my credit card, several shopping cards, my health insurance card.
- My earplugs. They are great for concerts.
- A sweet card from my mum.
- The actual cash inside my wallet that the thief needed.
Must have messed up my karma big time over the last couple of months..